Monday, February 17, 2014

Flight

Remember that long flight home, when they sat you next to that fidgety kid, and you didn’t know how you'd make it until finally, somebody offered to switch your seat? Remember how everyone got their own little screen and for the first time you could choose the movie you wanted to see? Remember back when the drinks were free, and maybe you did have too many, but the nap did you good, then a little nosh, more booze, and another movie?
     Not bad at all when you’re flying, but perhaps not the best way to spend a weekend at home.


Image by Paul H. Daines, United States Patent Number 5,740,989.

13 comments:

  1. Hah! great ending!!! Is it me or are the seats and leg-room getting smaller? Just curious...

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.. that kid could be one of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember actually enjoying the flight....now, not so much. Comfort is practically non existent.
    Fascinating post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love flying - it's amazing that we can be transported around the world so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time I flew I was appalled at the feeling of being a sardine crammed into a long skinny circular can!! Now in my day.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Susan. Flying is better than driving long distances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just flew back to Georgia from Brazil, so this post resonates. And I felt like I'd been badly folded into a shoebox the whole way.

    Tim Byrd
    F Entry #79: Frogs of Doom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and soon I'm flying to Georgia to meet him. ;) As I'm petite, no complaints about not having enough room during the flight. I like to fly. As Susan said, it's wonderful that we can go wherever we want so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time saving is the major reason for flying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flying but I hate takeoffs and touchdowns.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)