Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Your Mess, Not Mine

In Kindergarten we were told we could use the paints anytime we wanted for our craft projects, provided we cleaned everything up afterwards: the brushes, the paint pots, the water jar, and any other mess that we made.
     My solution was to not make a mess in the first place.
     I stopped using paint and fell back on crayons for everything. Crayons were neater; and we each had our own set, so I would never be saddled with anyone’s mess but my own.
     The question is: did school make me this way or did I have these hang-ups going in?

Photo by Grzegorz Ślemp on iStockphoto.

12 comments:

  1. LOL! The thing is though, that my son WAS like that. We couldn't get him to finger paint! Finally, one day he did, we were thrilled but it just didn't take. He stuck to his crayons.

    Great post...have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEMORIES are MARVELOUS to recall. And this one definitely is MEMORABLE. Kate, ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was like you. Less MESS made, less mess to clean.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun...but OH the clean up.... I like your idea of personal crayons...

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was teaching in the classroom, I hated it when I had to supervise the painting classes. I was the one who ended up cleaning everything up! Hated it...

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kid isn't one to get his hands dirty either - and my mom once said I used to just go play in my brother's room and make a mess in there, then leave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one mess I don't like to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My granddaughters LOVE to use my paints and I try to control the overflow.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) But great memories in the messiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! I was an omniartistic type, but I always painstakingly cleaned up my mess. I'm that way with cooking as well. And the kid in the picture looks a bit like me, because my hair was always short... Great one, lots of fond memories, like the taste of flour paste...
    Thanks, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/10/11/manly-men-real-toads-abc-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)